Chris is a facilitator with the Manaiakalani Outreach programme.
Combining a professional background in business and educational leadership, Chris offers a diverse set of skills and perspectives. His most recent role was in teaching and management in secondary education at Kerikeri High School. This has enabled him to develop an impressive record of success in business education and the use of digital technologies.
Chris has led the Northland region as an enterprise leader, regularly taking young entrepreneurs to regional and national awards in the Young Enterprise Scheme. He has worked to innovate the structures that support student agency and a more self-directed and authentic learning experience for young business people.
Chris is skilled in the use of social media for learning in the classroom. His expertise encompasses the use of GAFE and Office 365 applications as learning management systems to support a growing demand for ubiquitous learning resources, with both a personalised and collaborative focus. He can advise on effective online and distance-learning design.
Chris’s passion lies in the transformation of learning experiences for young people. His research and professional development focus is on educational settings that deliver the possibility of success and actualisation for every learner.
Chris can provide professional development or consultancy services in:
- educating for entrepreneurship and innovation
- designing and delivery of programmes for teacher professional learning
- building collaborative learning environments with social media
- e-learning and online teaching design and delivery
- integration of technology into educational settings
- curriculum integration and authentic learning design
- the use of digital media to enhance online professional learning.
- Google Communities for Collaborative Classrooms, Digital Horizons Conference, 2014.
- Social Media in Learning, Farnet Conference, 2013.
Combining a career of leadership in business and education has set the tone for a diverse work life that both stimulates and inspires me. Based in the Far North, Te Tai Tokerau, with my partner and two children, I am fully invested in the success of the young people and the broader well-being of this region. I totally enjoy and value the work I do mentoring and coaching student entrepreneurs as they set about developing their first businesses. In my spare time, I can be found on the mountain-biking trails of the Waitangi Forest, or, if I’m really lucky, Rotorua and Wellington.